A special EuroSpaceHub event will take place in May: our first Forum entirely organised by the project partners! The Forum will be held in Ibiza, a truly unique location. For this occasion, we are launching a second edition of our Art Contest, with a super cool theme: Space & Music!
Music and Space, an interesting combo, isn’t it? Who does not recall Ibiza with its evenings on the beach, accompanied by the music of international DJs? Ibiza, the sea, music, fun: sounds like a perfect formula, but there is one ingredient missing… Space! And we at EuroSpaceHub will take care of that. During our event we will experience Space in an innovative way, and there will be no lack of connection between Science and Art. This is why we are excitedly announcing a second edition of our Space Art Contest.
We invite all interested people (artists, professionals and amateurs) to participate by submitting their ideas!
In this second edition of the Space Art Contest, each participant is asked to create a digital graphic design inspired by the combination of two worlds: Music and Space.
The guidelines are similar to the first edition: create your artwork in digital format within a 25 x 25 cm canvas and send your work by e-mail to the address: email@example.com.
You can use any technique you like. You only have to have two main requirements. First, the work must be a digital graphic design. Second, if you use images found on the Internet and reworked by you, you must cite the sources and check the licence of the images. Please read carefully the rules below for detailed instructions! We would also like to point out that for this edition of the contest, works created with Artificial Intelligence will not be considered.
Three winners will be selected for this contest.
The winning designs will be used by EuroSpaceHub for the customization of merchandising sold on the shop. The winning designs will also be available for purchase in Ibiza at the EuroSpaceHub Forum, as well as in e-commerce on our website. For each item sold, the compensation will be equally divided as follows:
- 30% of the item price as a reward to the artist
- 30% of the item price to finance student training
- 40% of the item price for EuroSpaceHub’s management and production costs
AWARDS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The awards for the winning artists are as follows:
€ 400.00 for the first classified winner
€ 200.00 for the second classified winner
€ 100.00 for the third classified winner
Each winning artist will also receive mentions and visibility via EuroSpaceHub socials, website, Log In page of the platform and on the online shop, through the sale of merchandising items to the public. In addition to the three official winners, other artworks will also be selected to be used as backgrounds on the Log In page of the EuroSpaceHub platform, where the artworks will be given visibility. These additional works will not receive a monetary prize but only a certificate of participation in the contest.
By submitting your entry to this competition, you automatically give EuroSpaceHub the rights to use your artwork, if your work is selected among the winning designs.
The selection criteria for the winning artworks are:
- Originality and creativity (max 4 points)
- Consistency with the proposed theme of Space & Music (max 5 points)
- Quality of the artwork execution (max 6 points)
- Compliance with technical rules as specified below (max 5 points)
To submit your work, the procedure is very easy. All you need to do is following these simple steps.
- Subscribe to EuroSpaceHub Digital Platform with your personal details here: https://platform.eurospacehub.com/login
- Send us a folder via We Transfer with the following deliverables, to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your graphic artwork in jpeg / png format and vectorial format
- Picture of yourself (for our social media and outreach), squared format, 200×200 dpi
- A pdf document with the following details:
—> Name, Surname – Adress – Telephone Number
—> Short bio of the artist (about 200 words)
—> Short explanation of the artwork (about 200 words)
—> List of references for the images used in the composition (as detailed in the “technical rules” below)
The folder must be renamed as follows: Name_Surname_Artwork Title All the files must be sent to:
hello @ eurospacehub.com
Following your submission you will receive an email confirming that we have properly received your work. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or via our socials in dm @eurospacehub (Instagram).
DEADLINE: 10TH APRIL 2023, H 11 PM CET
ARTWORKS TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Each work must meet the following technical specifications:
- The artwork must be a digital design inspired by Space and Music. The composition can be a digital collage or a graphic artwork fully produced by the artist. In both ways the work must be consistent with the proposed topic of Music & Space. Please note that only digital artworks will be considered: this contest is to select a graphic design for EuroSpaceHub merchandising and it does not involve the selection of physical artifacts. If you are an artist who is used to making paper collages, you can make your own collage artwork analogically and then scan it so that it can be sent to us digitally. Only images with appropriate quality and resolution will be considered.
- The submitted file must be saved and delivered in both the following formats: jpeg and vectorial (svg or Adobe Illustrator or eventually Photoshop File). For jpeg files, the resolution must be 300 ppi.
- Each graphic design must feature the artist’s watermark or signature or logo. This must be placed and integrated in a discreet way inside the composition (small size, on the side).
- In the creation of the Graphic Collage you may use third-party graphic elements (photographs, texts, others) available on the web only if they are under the Public Domain (License CC0 – No Rights Reserved). Each artist is asked to submit via email, along with their Graphic Collage, a list of references with the sources of the images used in the composition. This list must be submitted as a pdf file. Each work must be an original digital composition, created by the artists themselves. No consideration will be given to designs that repurpose Collages or artworks previously created by others.
- The layout in which to place your artwork must be a squared format (25x25cm canva). You can download the layout from our website. This layout represents the printing area. Within this area you are free to arrange your graphics as you wish.
- Each file must be set with the sRGB color profile (recommended sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for better accuracy in t-shirt printing).